While I am sure you love on your sweet pup every day of the year, August 26 is the day to shout it loud and proud! It's National Dog Day!
The annual holiday was founded by Colleen Paige, a pet expert. Colleen says, "I founded National Dog Day in 2004 to honor dogs, to give them "a day", to show our deep appreciation for the historical connection of companionship with one another…" (quoted from National Dog Day website)
Here's a few ideas to help you celebrate National Dog Day.
* Go enjoy the great outdoors! Take a long walk, hike or visit an off leash dog park.
* Go shopping! Visit a local dog boutique to get your favorite furry companion a new toy. Don't you think they deserve it?
* Plan a party and invite your neighbors' and their dogs to enjoy a little social time.
* Donate! It doesn't have to be money. Shelters are always in need of newspaper, food, blankets and hand sanitizer.
* Make homemade treats! Try a pupsicle to help cool them off during these hot summer months.
* Schedule a portrait session to capture all the details of your furry loved one!